WS_FTP and other simple programs
If you do now already have an IOCC.com FTP account,
please contact the office so that we can setup server space for you! Otherwise, you'll get mesasges that you
have entered an invalid username or password.
1. Open your FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program or use your web page editor's Publish function. FTP Programs can be downloaded here.
2. Type in iocc.com in the field that reads Host Name. Type in your username and password in the fields named User ID (or Login) and Password, respectively.
4. Click on a Connect button to log in to the server
5. Typically, on the left side of the screen, you will see your own computer's file system. Navigate to the file directory that has the file(s) you wish to upload. Genrally, on the right side of the screen is IOCC's server file system.
On the right side, double-click on the IOCC public_html*
directory. Highlight all the files you wish to upload on the left side
of the screen. Then hit the arrow pointing towards the right. This will
upload your files to IOCC.com and could take some time, so don't get frustrated.
7. The core file you wish to load first MUST be named index.html. When you are looking at a website like www.yahoo.com, you are actually looking at the file www.yahoo.com/index.html. To name that file, find your core file on the right side of the screen and highlight it. The click Rename and type in index.html, then press OK.
8. When you complete this process, your web page has been uploaded. The address for the site will be http://www.iocc.com/~your_username
2. In the Publish location, type ftp://www.iocc.com/public_html
3. Enter your username and password and press OK (or Publish)